Nintendo announced in September that Wave 3 of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Booster Courses DLC is coming this holiday season, and now, the company has revealed that we’ll be getting eight tracks on December 7th. Watch the Wave 3 trailer in the tweet below:
start your engines! wave of 3 #Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Passes Available 12/7! Available to Nintendo Switch Online+ Expansion Pack members at no additional cost, or as paid DLC on its own. pic.twitter.com/lbhHsbpf7L
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) November 21, 2022
As you can see, Wave 3 includes some returning classics from prior Mario Kart releases, as well as some from Mario Kart Tour, Nintendo’s mobile series. What to expect in this new wave next month:
- Tour London Loop – Dazzle your rivals as you drift around familiar landmarks and take first place on this England-inspired course that originated from the mobile game Mario Kart Tour.
- GBA Boo Lake – Get your feet wet on this spooky, booze-filled track set on a haunted lake on the way Mario Kart: Super Circuit,
- 3DS Rock Rock Mountain – Be careful on this high altitude course, sharp turns and jumping boulders abound. Here’s a mountaineering trick: Climb the warp pipe to put some wind in your sails!
- Wii Maple Treeway – Jump in the fall and run through the giant trees on this path Mario Kart Wii – Don’t disturb the wigglers enjoying their autumn stroll!
- Tour Berlin Byways – Beware of falling whomps and thumps as you make your way around stunning landmarks in this course that was generated mario kart tour,
- DS Peach Garden – Chirping birds, chain chomps and blooming fields of flowers on this course set in the sprawling gardens of Peach’s Castle mario kart ds, Can you spot all the familiar toppers?
- mira mountain – Hit the halfpipe and coast down snowy hills on this charming festive course mario kart tour In which there are massive candy canes and wrapped gifts. And… is that a flying sleigh train?
- 3DS Rainbow Road – Look in the sky – It’s… Mario! The Rainbow Road winds and rotates around several planets on this celestial course that originated in mario kart 7 on Nintendo 3DS.
When Wave 3 launches on December 7th, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will have 24 additional tracks, and 24 more are yet to come. Each wave consists of eight tracks and Nintendo is set to release six waves of DLC courses in total, with the final wave hitting the game before the end of 2023.
Original story continues below…
Original story, 9/13/22:
We’re fast approaching the midpoint for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Booster Course Pass content. With two of the six promised waves of new courses already rolled out, Nintendo has begun teasing what players can expect with the third wave, which is due out this holiday season. During today’s Nintendo Direct, we learned of the first two courses coming in the third eight-course wave of new tracks.
Fittingly, the first course we learned about in Wave 3, the booster course nearby, is Mira Mountain. The holiday-themed track first made its debut on Mario Kart Tour in 2020 as part of the Winter Tour. Meanwhile, for those looking for something holiday-themed, Nintendo is also bringing Peach Garden, which first appeared in Mario Kart DS in 2005.
Wave 1 brought fan favorites like Coconut Mall (Wii), Choco Mountain (N64), and Sky Garden (GBA), while Wave 2 gave us access to tracks like Kalimari Desert (N64), Mario Circuit 3 (SNES), and Mushroom Gorge. granted access. (Yi). Each wave also gave us two tracks from Mario Kart Tour, including Wave 2 which includes a brand new course called Sky-High Sunday.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass wave 3 is coming this holiday season.