Square Enix announced it Final Fantasy Pixel remasters of the first six games in the series in June of last yearAnd about eight months, each of those remasters hit the PC platform. Fans have been waiting since the console versions of these remasters were announced and Square Enix finally revealed revealed that all six are coming to PlayStation and Switch next year.
More specifically, these Pixel remasters will hit PlayStation 4 and Switch sometime in the spring of 2023. Each of these games can be purchased individually or bundled together, and a limited physical edition will also be available on the same day. Here’s what to expect in Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster: FF 35th Anniversary Edition,
- Final Fantasy I-VI Collection – physical collection of all games for PS4 or Nintendo Switch
- anniversary edition merchandise box
- A bonus lenticular sleeve for the game package
- 2-disc vinyl record set featuring newly arranged game music by Kazuko Shibuya with exclusive cover artwork
- A specially curated artbook showcasing beautiful character pixel art
- Eight stylized pixel art character figures in window packaging
This version of the game is available exclusively on the Square Enix Store and the first batch is already sold out (You can however join the waiting list here,
The company says that “a small portion of the physical standard versions [of the collection] Will also be available exclusively from the Square Enix store starting spring 2023,” but notes that quantities will be “extremely limited,” so you should preorder if you’re interested.
For more information on each of these Pixel remasters, visit Square Enix’s blog post, check out Our ranking of every mainline Final Fantasy game To find out where Final Fantasy I-VI ranks next on our list.
Are You Picking Up This Pixel Remastered Collection? Let us know in the comments below!